The focus of ASPAG is to address the more general and tool-overlapping issues, methods or developments in the field of airside simulation and performance assessment within Airport and TMA operations that apply to all analysts in that field. It is not intended to replace the existing tool specific user groups.
- Act as a forum to exchange information on topics (e.g. data acquisition for modelling and performance analysis, quality assurance, efficient modelling, new or enhanced technologies / procedures in airport ops and their impact, integrated modelling, KPIs / Level of Service, new developments, etc.) between all relevant stakeholders from ANSPs, Airport Operators, Airlines, Consultancies, Research Centers, Academia and Tool Suppliers.
- Encourage the further adoption and promote the use of Airside Simulation & Performance Analysis tools and methods where appropriate.
- Learn about available airside simulation and performance analysis tools and methods.
- Encourage collaboration between users working on similar topics, identify areas of common methodology and share best practices.
- Explore potential linkages and foster good relations with other users.
- Membership will be open to current and potential airside simulation and performance assessment experts.
- The Chair (consisting of up to 3 Co-Chairs) will be elected at the spring meeting to serve a two-year term of office. The Chair will preside over the group. The Chair will distribute minutes of each meeting before the next meeting and will coordinate to develop meeting agendas, invite speakers, etc. from the various agreed topic areas.
- Meetings: ASPAG will meet twice annually, generally, in the spring and in the fall. Meeting location will rotate through the membership, with a particular organisation accepting responsibility for the venue. If necessary to supplement meeting costs, a nominal registration fee will be required for meeting attendance. Travel time and travel cost should be taken into account when agreeing on venue.